Information for Landlords
If you currently own or intend to purchase residential rental property in or around Loughborough, you are invited to consider our property management services. We are able to provide a variety of bespoke services to meet our client’s individual needs from managing one property up to fully managing large, residential property portfolios.
You will find us both professional and cost-effective and as specialists, we have the necessary experience to manage your property for optimum performance whilst ensuring smooth running tenancies and compliance with the minefield of landlord & tenant legislation. If you wish to maximise the return on your investment, contact us now, by telephone or e-mail.
Landlords pay NO VAT on our fees
We cover a very specific geographic area so that we are able to respond both quickly and efficiently with any aspect of the management of our properties.
Our Full Property Management Service includes:
- Providing a rental valuation and appraisal of the property and offering advice as required.
- Advertising and marketing the Property including selection of tenants and carrying out viewings. Your properties will be advertised on our own web site, on Rightmove.co.uk other property letting websites and also through the use of our distinctive lettings boards.
- Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up full references including credit history searches, employer references, previous landlord references and a character reference. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a company, a full bank reference would be taken. Separate fees are payable for referencing and guarantor agreements since 1 June 2019 and the introduction of the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- Preparing the Tenancy Agreement. This is necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts, and renewing the Agreement where necessary at the end of the Term (additional fees apply).
- Liaising with a Landlord’s mortgagees where necessary with regard to references and Tenancy Agreement.
- Taking a deposit from the tenant to be held by the Deposit Protection Service until the end of the tenancy when the Property and contents will be checked for unfair wear and tear. We are registered with the Deposit Protection Service. A separate “one-off” fee is payable for registering the deposit since 1 June 2019 and the introduction of the Tenant Fees Act 2019.
- Collecting the rent monthly and paying the Landlord monthly without delay! Payments will be made by direct bank transfer and a detailed rent statement will be forwarded to the Landlord.
- Renewing or extending existing tenancy agreements – an additional fee applies.
- Preparing an inventory and schedule of condition, including digital photography. A separate fee is payable for the inventory and digital photos since 1 June 2019 .
- Finding replacement tenants when existing tenancies come to an end .
- Arranging with utility companies (principally electricity gas & water) for meter readings and advising them of the transfer of service contracts to the tenant at the beginning of each tenancy (Where the Data Protection Act allows).
- Regular inspections of the Property during the period of the tenancy.
- Co-ordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for tradesmen to attend the property and obtaining estimates where necessary, and settling accounts from rents received.
- Making payments on behalf of the Landlord from rents received for maintenance costs for the property.
- Carrying out a full property inspection and inventory check at the end of the tenancy and dealing with matters relating to unfair wear and tear before releasing the tenant’s deposit. Additional fees apply in the event of a disputed deposit claim pursued through the Deposit Protection Service (www.depositprotection.com)
- Arranging for the legally required energy performance certificates, gas & electrical safety inspections to be carried out and certificates held.
Full Property Management Service
For full details of what is included within our service please refer to the items listed above. Please note: We do not charge for routine maintenance administration and we would also suggest that you check the small print of other agents’ fees to see what isn’t included in their service!
Let Only Service
Since 1 March 2019 we no longer offer a let only service due to the complexities of the Legislation covering property lettings some of which are not properly understood by self managing Landlords which potentially exposes them and us if issues arise with the tenancy.
And don’t forget one major benefit, Landlords pay NO VAT on our fees full details of which are available on request.